CPD Equine House
Behavioural Medicine for the Pain Clinician - July 2024 ONLINE
Lecturer: Samantha Lindley MRCVS
This 4 day course is aimed at the pain clinician and the pain clinic veterinary nurse who is already familiar with treating chronic pain in dogs and cats. Very often, the practitioner is faced with the difficulty in distinguishing between behaviours that are directly the result of pain and those caused by pain, but now learned; the presentation of mixed behavioural/pain pictures; and the need to determine whether the outcome measures selected are pain or behaviour related.
Chronic Pain Management Course - April 2024 Wiltshire
Speaker: Samantha Lindley MRCVS
By the end of this course participants should be able to
• State how acute pain and chronic pain are different from each other.
• Understand the physiology and experience of pain.
• Explain how pain can manifest in different ways, including as behavioural problems.
• Explain the various causes and classifications of pain and the clues that help to distinguish them from each other.
NEW Online, On demand Chronic Pain Management Course
This online course is presented by Samantha Lindley MRCVS and is designed to enhance your approcah to managing pain using techniques easily implemented in practice.
The modules will cover the following about all forms of chronic pain, not only osteoarthritis
- How chronic pain is a very different phenomenon from acute pain.
- Why the assessment of suffering is essential to our selection of the best therapies for our patients.
- Why chronic pain is a chronic stressor and the impact it has on our patients’ welfare.
- Why and how examining a chronic pain patient is so different from a usual examination.
- How to develop a treatment plan including conventional and less conventional medication; physical therapies; exercise and environment.
- Why outcome measures may be different from what you expect.