The modules will cover the following:
- How chronic pain is a very different phenomenon from acute pain.
- Why the assessment of suffering is essential to our selection of the best therapies for our patients.
- And that chronic pain is a chronic stressor, having all the same implications for the body and brain as does chronic stress.
The videos range from a few minutes in length to up to an hour, but each will be clearly labeled. There is no time limit on how long it takes you to complete the course. Once the course has been completed you will be able to download a certificate of completion.
Included in this course is a PDF course handbook plus 4 x 15 minute mentoring sessions with the course tutor Samantha Lindley. These can be scheduled as video calls, telephone calls or done via email. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
By the end of the course:
- You will be able to appreciate the complex nature of chronic pain physiology, and assess your patients for pain and suffering.
- You should be able to explain to your clients the impact of chronic pain on their pets and, with that explanation, gain their trust and compliance.
- Finally, you will be able to devise a compassionate and pragmatic plan for managing chronic pain in your patients